Thread: Nos!!??
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 12:49 AM
Hitchhikin'

The most important thing is to move away from plat plugs... go with regulars or iridums... I went with NGK's one heat range colder than stock... Screw that $13/plug iridum sh!t.

The stock ECU seemed to handle an 80 shot just fine.

A small cheater system like a Sneaky Pete sounds like a good option for you.

As for questions about a good, complete kit, and ease of install, any complete kit you can get from NOS or ZEX or NX is a good enough system. You have the option of dry, wet, or direct injection. The pros and cons of wet and dry systems can be debated (adding nitrous and fuel separately/atomizing problems), but direct injection is hands-down the best and most expensive way to go. It injects directly into each cylinder. That means install and complexity are much harder than dry and wet kits (you have to tap into the intake manifold, IIRC). Expect normal install prices for dry and wet kits to be $200-300, $500 for direct injection. If you can wire your car for a sub and amp, then nitrous install won't be hard at all for you, because the main work is running the nitrous line to the trunk.

Speaking of which, I had the blue bottle and two subs in my trunk when I had my SVX. I still had room for stuff, even with that.

If you direct inject, I wouldn't go any less than 100, and I'd probably aim for 125-150, since the jetting is more accurate. Watch the fuel system limits, though.

And I recommend that you keep your SVX stock if you've been busted for street racing. If I were your dad, I'd also trade that SVX for a Hyundai, so you'd be slow AND wouldn't have the temptation to soup up your car.