View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Im looking over the directions I have here and do not see anything against my set up. The person who bought it before me had it set up this way too. Running the image of a body in an accident in my mind I dont see how my set up could result in anything worse of an injury than your set up.
Bobby,
You can go to the Schroth site and download their installation .pdf file (http://www.schrothracing.com/docs/Co...structions.pdf ). It actually has pictures of crash dummies in their harnesses so you can see what happens. Bottom line is that, in the event of an accident, your body will keep going forward and the loading of the shoulder harnesses will actually be down on your shoulders instead of being equally distributed across your chest. This is why Schroth says not to vary by more than 20 degrees off of horizontal with the attachment of the shoulder harnesses. Check with Dan (ShotgunSlade), as I doubt that Lime Rock, Summit Point, or any of the other tracks will allow you to run with the belts anchored the way you've got them.
-Bill
p.s. then again, you also need to have the same type of belts for the passenger as you do for the driver in order to run at Summit, etc. which is why I still need to get a belt for the passenger

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 12-25-2007 at 09:28 PM.