View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX
Car battery and hybrid motor battery are two entirely different things. And you can not run a sc off a hybrid motor battery, the voltage is different i'm sure, you'd void the crap out of your warantee(woo, 3000$ for a replacement hybrid battery), and why in gods name would you want to? Are you aware that the hybrid vehicles, the gasoline engine produces about 40hp, the electric about 35hp, combine for 75hp. They are not zippy cars. 1.2litre gasoline engine, you can put 80lbs of boost(hypothetically, we all know it would just blow up) and it still won't reach the power of a conventional gasoline automobile.

And

You can bet that $1695 does not get you the 750CFM blowers. You get the 250CFM. Does that include the several batteries that power it? Doubtful. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Why so negative, do you have something against me or electric superchargers?

I called the guy and he said that you would expect to spend $2600 for the high end 750 cfm system. Depending on how you set it up you could run from 6-12 lbs of boost and he suggested 6 lbs of boost for the SVX engine. The good thing about an electric supercharger is you get max boost no matter your rpm.

The battery from a hybrid would work well for a supercharger and while nobody is going to supercharge a honda insight, you could supercharge a V6 Accord Hybrid with 253HP stock.