Thread: Door speakers
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:33 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Door speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Hmmm, my radio is OK but the crappy cup holder is driving me crazy so I was thinking I could upgrade to a better, more sensitive receiver and install one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-DASH-CUP-...cd1227&vxp=mtr

Has anyone tried one of these and is it better to be above or below the radio? Above would probably block the radio but it would give room for the cup below it. Below the radio would open up the radio, avoid spilling onto the radio but I'm not sure if there would be enough room below it for the cup to set completely.
I highly doubt that the cup holder part that folds down will have room to open if you install it in the bottom slot.

There was a thread on these things, I cant seem to find it..
One of the guys wanted to know if it could be modified to make the cup holder slot above the tray slot, so It would have room to open, but the ebay guy said that he wouldn't test swapping the drawers because it might break.

Maybe the guy that started that thread knows what the thread was called and can post a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
How does changing the head unit compare?
Headunit is easy.. All you got to take out is the ashtry, then remove the black plastic bezel from the inside the flip down door, then unscrew it from the cage.

Wiring is not too bad either:
These wires (in my 92)

That blue wire that comes from my RCA wires, that goes into the red wire is the remote turn on for my amp:

All cleaned up:

Note*: I have an AMP running my mids and highs.. so I didn't need to use any the factory speaker leads.
Speaker wires:

Last edited by Lookin4SVX; 09-18-2012 at 10:54 AM.