View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: HOW far is "too far gone"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
That's where your wrong, that hood looks pretty decent and would fetch that $500 if it is as solid as it looks. There are very few concours sprites but a solid driver brings $7500, a nicely restored one $15k. Concours car would in theory be in the 20-25k range. You obviously are paying way too much for a 100k Stubaru.

Someone who has never seen one wouldn't fit in one. They'd be too fat and can't look down at a car show as their gut hangs out too far and blocks their vision. Although not the greatest performer touching in at the 50hp mark the 948 is a nice smooth rev happy motor. Reliable as anything else sold in the late 50s. Provided you knew how to work on foreign stuff. Remember the carb is a little sensitive as it isn't much bigger than what's on my CB175
You have to wear gloves to lift the hood! There are so many rust holes on it!
This car is TRASHED!! It is stripped, decayed, vandalized, neglected.... BUT, it has a driveline that will make someone happy. The last time I looked at Sprites, they were still dirt cheap.
I am one of the few people in this area that understands the quirks of the SU carb.(s). As time marches on, and the 'Sages' die off, I may be one of less than 10 people here that can make an SU behave! I don't need a flow-meter to syncronise multiple carbs. I use a hose and a 'pitch-perfect' ear.
For years, I was the 'Go-To' guy on Brit's. Then, the Brits rusted away.
The 'FACT' that the EX has not driven an AH since she threw me overboard is TESTEMENT to that 'FACT'!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry