View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 09:18 AM

Re: Memory dump of ECU

Hi all, I've been trying to get SSM to work on my 1996 Legacy Sedan.

I stumbled across Phil's page a number of times during my search, and have managed to piece together most of the hardware as well as trying to troubleshoot.

Currently I am using a FTDI USB-RS232 TTL 5.0V Adapter
Along with Phil's "92 Fix" Adapted for the FTDI Lead to try and sort out the problem of a dodgey connection.
Connected up to an Audioleads ISO plug.

I have tried using various bits of software but there aren't many out there that support SSM. At the moment I am using Evoscan, their latest release is the best yet (In terms of stability for me.) But its still far from perfect.
With the VWRX Monitor software, I get random results, and values seem to appear and dissapear when I run the SelectMonitor Dump software.
It will make a pass through an address, a value will come up, then it makes another pass (I.e. it polls it again) and the value is suddenly 0 until I close the program and restart it.

Anyhow, I've been in touch with Phil via email, trying to work out what is causing all this.
So he referred me to Nomake Wan's post about RS232 Hex Comm Tool. No matter how I adjust the Potentiometer on the "92 Fix" board.
I still cant get a clear run of 123400.
There are errors in the way the data comes back, which appear to follow a pattern.
At first I suspected something on my laptop was interfering, so I closed down the only other Com port (my modem), and got PortMon as suggested by someone earlier in this thread.
There is nothing else using the com port.

Can anyone please help me?
I'm on my second "92 fix" board, with the same results. I am about to send the first one to a friend who also uses the FTDI Lead, to see if he has any luck.

Please take a look at the schematic of the 92 fix for FTDI
And also enclosed is a small Dump from the RS232 Program to show you what data I get back.

Regards,
Daniel.

P.s. If I can get all of this to work properly, I have looked into producing these kits all tidied away in a little box with USB at one end and J35 Plug on the other end. It would be between £35-£40 per lead, if I get demand for more than 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 92fixschem.jpg (69.0 KB, 547 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt dump2.txt (8.7 KB, 518 views)