View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Well it's only been 2 weeks.... ooops, I mean a YEAR and two weeks... Some of those at Reading last year may recall that we had some issues with the clutch not releasing... Tuesday I took the racer down to visit Uncle Tom at All Wheel Drive. I think we may have found the problem;

Ben is taking this to mean that we are making somewhere north of 500 crank hp to be able to crack the pressure plate like that????

While it was there I worked at tightening the exhaust up to the chassis, as the car is somewhat lower than stock, we've had some scraping issues, especially when going on and off the trailer. I had to trim the rear bumper cover a little more, but I probably now have the exhaust 1/2" to 1" higher than it was. Half an inch may not seem like a big deal, but it eliminates having to drive the truck onto ramps to make the transitions onto the trailer smoother.

Tom's Dad stopped by and wondered why I was advertising for someone else's 5 speed kit on the rear bumper, we had to explain that "SVXSpeedshop" was Tom before All Wheel Drive was opened...

Tom also helped us out by doing some welding on the cage;

With the welding that he did, the cage is 90% done. We still need to make a bracket to support the rear of the seat and then paint it.

Much thanks to Tom, Eric and Mike at AWD. A great shop and some great guys. While there I also got to watch Tom working on his intakes and adapting the new design to eliminate dead spots. Also I was able to get covered with dust from Eric working on his front lip.

Last edited by Hocrest; 04-10-2008 at 01:15 PM.