View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 03:40 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
(digging up the dead here ).

This video (while entertaining and somewhat peaceful to watch) is supposed to be a promo? It almost comes across as a little depressing but maybe I'm just speaking on the aftermath?

The first song is so long I was wondering if it would ever change. I actually chuckled when he said "you really can't afford it, ohhh, you can't afford it!" and it (camera) swipes by the SVX a few times.... maybe I think too much but what an odd choice of a song even though I know that's not the meaning behind it and what the intentions are.... but if someone was to just catch that phrase as strongly as I did just now back when this video was introduced, it's almost like a subconscious mental alert that "even though you could buy this fantastic $28,000 car, you probably shouldn't and can't really afford it" .

Then.... it follows up with a oh so peaceful and dear god depressing song.... or so it seems. I mean... I never thought I could fail? No fight left or so it seems? Then it goes onto "don't give up, your not beaten yet." "It's so strange how things turns..." "We're proud of who you are.."-Subaru.

I'm not sure what the producer was thinking.... or whose decision it was to use this music or if it's even "official" Subaru promo video (anyone know?) but seeing this video today really makes me feel like they knew the car was such an oddball that it wouldn't do well... but they held their hopes high for a more positive outcome?....

I think the video and lyrics hold more value now than it did when it was originally produced (permitting it's an original and authentic Subaru-made promo) ... actually... either way... mainly to the passionate owners of the SVXs on this board. If anything I can truly say they (or whomever made it) got me to feel the emotional connection between man and car with this video... and maybe that was their intentions with it after all.

*Oh, and what exactly is different on the climate control from the U.S. version?

Last edited by Subix; 03-15-2008 at 03:41 AM. Reason: left something out...