View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 10:19 PM

I understand that ARF will change depending on engine load (open loop/closed loop). What I'm trying to figure out is how a system that works great for n/a operation could also work great for forced induction without making any changes to anything involving the engine management. It's obvious that you are much more knowlegable than me about this. I'm just trying to figure it all out. It just sounds too good to be true

For example...

With DSM engine management (which also uses a MAF based system) we use piggyback engine management systems to compensate for larger injectors and MAF sensors that allow for a larger range of measurement. Basically we can tune our cars for maximum power with our given set-up. If we add a larger turbo and better intercooler that gives us a cooler air charge, we can change out tune and take advantage of some more power. However, these systems are all user adjustable and we make adjustments based on info recieved through data-logging. I use this system... http://www.dsmlink.com/ to tune my Galant VR4. I can make adjustments to compensate for any injectors, timing, airflow, and a bunch of other things via a laptop computer. I understand that your stage 2 system already has compensations built in for the Z32 MAF and 370 injectors. In our cars we shoot for an AFR of around 10.5 to no leaner than 12.0 on pump gas. If we experience knock, we car try to fix it by making adjustments to timing or fuel. We try to make as much power as we can given our individual circumstances and set-ups.

It just seems like injectors that work well in N/A would come up short when applied to a boosted system. Or do the 370's fall into a sweet spot where they can function great in both situations?

Again, sorry for my ignorance.