View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

Just for the record........

After playing fastening clip bingo, I got the carpet on the passenger side mostly elevated, & ran a dehumidifier for about 24 hours. This helped the carpet & the attached foam backing, but didn't save the ABS computer, for which I've already found a replacement. The green fuzz had already begun to grow on the three wiring bundle connectors fastened to the door jamb, so I soaked them in vinegar for a day, flushed them with club soda, followed with a blow job (from a hair dryer - what were you thinking?). I'll let everything further dry out for a few more days. The remaining gremlins are the dome lights, trunklight, & seatbelt retractors. All else has returned to normal.
I'm hoping the restored wiring harness will cure these ills.

With regard to the front end damage, I drove her to my personal body shop for an estimate. While fugly by SVX standards, the damage isn't catastophic, & barely visable at 50 feet, especially if you've killed a few beers. Yet, the estimate to restore pristinity was $2,300.00. A new waterfall grill costs almost $250.00!!! If I'd wiped out both headlights, the car'd be declared a total, no doubt. Anyway I'll let State Farm do its thing, & see just how high they can jack my rates when it's time to get bent over.

More later.

Ron.

PS - Here's a good one - one of the prior gremlins - I couldn't turn off the engine. Yup, turn the key to off, remove it, & she kept hummin'. Had to disconnect the battery, & "tick" the starter for it to quit. I just love wet electronics.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.

Last edited by Ron Mummert; 11-29-2006 at 10:53 PM.