Thread: Turbo project
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 12:50 AM

Spindoctor wonders?

What is most interesting to me about the EG33 motor is how under utilized it seems to be.
I realize the day of the SVX came and went just before the big explosion in import tuning really hit but, for about two thirds the price of a new STI I could aquire a nice SVX mod the hell out of it,custom as it may be, pocket the extra 10k and blow most of the locals off the street.
Lets face it mod for mod at the end of the day there is no replacement for displacement.
I see guys on my dyno trying to build thier BMW mini's. They will throw thousands of dollars at these money holes and if thier lucky they might get up to 250 hp.
I also have loads of EVOs, WRXs & STIs all very impressive when modified.
Again- this is my first foray into an EG33 project. On paper it should play with the best of the entry level super cars. And so far I have found no one that is willing to tell me different.
I slipped mine into a 98 Impreza because Iam into stealth cars. This car will remain as unaltered in appearance as I can get away with. That includes leaving a dummy stock muffler in its factory location and no visible guages in the dash. Add a Tein suspension,Par built trans with ACT clutch and some Friday night Cobra is going to have to try explain to his buddies what just happend.
I am still interested in any parts ideas (especially axle mods\up-grades).
Horror stories on what not to do are sometimes more important than you might think - I'll take those to.Again - Thanks in advance for your input.
Tim H - The Spindoctor