View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 01:40 AM

Re: 3rd and 4th gear are not engaging + weird smell

Thank you guys for your interesting answers !

I really appreciating you have been thinking about problem you don´t have. I have been thinking very hard too, what to do next. Indeed, this has become tough sophie´s choice.

It is paradoxical, because before i decided to buy SVX, i bought it only because i knew, it is possible to convert it to manual. But when i eventually bought SVX, i was very much surprised how much i like auto transmission in this car. I was prepared to change my mind and keep it.

But now, from different reasons, i have decided(80%) to make manual swap. I definitely do not want to alter car spirit, or better say original engineers intention of making luxury gentleman car. But even Subaru engineers admitted, they would have offered manual, if they would have had one strong enough and that is vital.

What do you guys think, what are your opinions on manual swap, in my case 06,07 sti 6 speed ? Are there any known malfunction from perspective of long term usage ? If i have 3.7 rear diff, i have to also swap rear diff for R180, or keep R160 ? I have been properly studying this forum, which have tons of my question already answered, but i have not found answers to these two.

With regards
Filip