View Single Post
Old 09-11-2002, 11:13 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

The big SVX problem.

The problem with my SVX is the gas peddle. I always want to push it to the floor because it is fun. Yes, accelerating around a corner from 25 to 40, feeling the g’s and the sticking power of the tires, pressed to the back of the seat and then up the entrance ramp and leaving at 90 is great fun. BUT it is not good for the car. Very hard on the front CV joints, turning and accelerating, hard on the trans etc…….

Not to mention the fun it is stomping on the brakes at 90 and bringing the car down to 55 on the highway. BUT that is not good for the brakes, wraps the rotors and wears out the pads and rotors.

AND then there is the cornering, leaving the highway at about 60 and sliding thru a few 180 deg turns, the tire squealing, g’s pulling me out of the seat, passing cars. BUT that is really hard on the tires.

I don’t drive fast on bumpy roads any more cause that is way too costly even though it is the most fun cause the car is glued to the road.

PARTS I need lots of parts cheap. If I am going to keep driving this way or I have to slow down and that is very hard in the SVX.

So I have a question? How many of you can drive this car slow most of the time?

And I have another question. Do most of the higher horsepower (say 180+) cars wear out everything faster?

Thanks
John