View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Rebuilt Steering racks "feeler"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Your missing the point. They don't have to dish out quite a bit to get a reman or get a used one. They already can get theirs rebuilt. They just need to find a local rebuilder whose prices would be very much in line with what your saying your cost would be. Only difference, they are licensed, bonded and insured for their work. Cost of doing business sucks but in a sue happy world it is very much a reality.
I do get the point actually. Someone post up the final price of what it cost them to get one rebuilt at a local shop or at least get a quote. I know locally by me, there aren't any shops who will do this work-or at least that I've found/heard of. The problem is going to be that any local shop is still going to have to go out and buy the seals needed from Subaru so parts cost is going to be the same. The key is going to be that their labor rates are obviously going to be higher than what it is for me to do this...

Edit: Or is a local shop going to find all the right seals for the rack right away from another source?-this isn't sarcasm either, honest question...

Last edited by 1986nate; 03-25-2010 at 05:19 PM.