View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Rebuilt Steering racks "feeler"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Yeah, I hear you on that one. I just thought I'd bring it up since a lot of people lately have been unhappy having to dish out quite a bit to get a reman, or going and still paying a decent amount for a used one that could leak just as much as the one they have before too long. I would also install the first couple on my own SVX to ensure proper operation and after that would be able to find a local place that would be able to pressure check everything properly as well.
I definitely wouldn't just be tearing into them, replacing the seals, putting it all back together and then quickly boxing it up and shipping it out.

Plus, I don't want to be dishing out a huge chunk of change to replace the leaky racks currently in all 3 of my SVX
Your missing the point. They don't have to dish out quite a bit to get a reman or get a used one. They already can get theirs rebuilt. They just need to find a local rebuilder whose prices would be very much in line with what your saying your cost would be. Only difference, they are licensed, bonded and insured for their work. Cost of doing business sucks but in a sue happy world it is very much a reality.