View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
and now I want one. Badly. If you've ever felt 400hp under you foot while being wrapped into one of the most comfortable interiors ever made, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. My impressions on these cars were "it's just a grand am with 400hp" until last night when my buddy let me drive his. Such a nice car. All that power is delivered at any rpm, something you'll never find in a 4 or 6 cylinder.

By the way, he just sold his 400hp WRX for this and I drove that too.. imo he made a very good choice.
The 400hp LS2 GTO is a sweet car, but it's not my cup-o'-tea. If you like that car, you'd probably love the 425hp Charger SRT-8 or the new 500hp Shelby GT500. Great power, super torque, comfy rides but all have curb weights in the 3,700-4,000lb range.

The WRX/STI, Evo, etc are a different kinda car. Lighter weight, faster reflexes and great power potential from their turbocharged powerplants.

If that's your thing, good for you. I've been down that road before when I owned a 2000 SVT Lightning (360hp, 450ft-lbs) but it's not a road I plan to go down ever again.

+1 on Earthworm's comments on driving a s/c SVX. Svxfiles' car rocks!!!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Last edited by Chiketkd; 06-21-2006 at 01:32 PM.