View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Newbie - saying hello

Quote:
Originally posted by samsoup
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie her.e. well.. newbie to SVX in general.
I was looking into buying a project car ... annd. was initially looking at the Nissan 240SX .. S13 / S14 ... Prelude .. Acura 2.3 CL ... Nissan 300 ZX ...

But than... this customer of mine ( I have a detailing shop ) ... came in with a Pearl SVX... and i was just.. mesmerized ....

And.. i started diggin into it.. V6. .. 230hp ... AWD ... luxury.. power.. i was SOLD~

SO ... now.. im looking around to buy one. Cant find a white one.. so.. i'll probably just get anything.. and.. paint it white. Pearl .. hmm... well.. considering my 2003 Acura RSX Type S .. (pearl white) is sitting in a body shop getting repainted (someone keyed my passenger side) for $1200 ...
Pearl.. im kinda staying away from.

I love the colour.. but.. you can "blend" the colour ...
so if you get it keyed.. $1200 bill.. rather than $100 bill to get it buffed out.

Anyway...

Just saying hello~~
If you get the wrong color svx you might get the wrong color glass. The pearl paint in the case of an svx can be blended too. You're thinking about a 3 coat pearl (color coat, pearl coat, clear coat). Those are almost impossible to match because the pearl is it's own pearly clear coat and can be applied in different thicknesses. The SVX uses a 2 coat pearl (pearl color coat, clear coat). As long s you apply the color coat thick enough it will match, you can't apply it too thickly. Pearlies aren't that hard to find. I would just keep my eye on ebay and do a carfax on anything that comes up and looks interesting. Sometimes people on here are willing to go look at nearby cars if you ask too.