View Single Post
Old 09-15-2001, 02:22 PM
I live in a drawer!

Send a message via AIM to alex_umn
Hey Huck...I've been speaking with a friend of mine who does a lot of work on old VW Beetles, and he noted that getting flywheel bolts off is always a serious pain, and that there are actually tools available that are specific to the task. I'm hoping that since my 92 (just picked it up...sweeet) has low enough miles to be at least manageable. It just occured to me that I could use a paint stripping heat gun to each such bolts off maybe, although it might be a prety bad idea. I'll know more when I get the thing apart I guess.

Did you get the pedal box from a Legacy or something? I kinda wish I had decided to do a cable clutch setup as well, because this project is going to be time consuming enough!

Sith, indeed I was born and raised in Minneapolis. I work and go to school at the U of M, and I was actually at a friend's place last night on 11th & Como (which partially explains how I posted the original message for this topic at around 4:00 am I think), so I know the area pretty well. I've been seeing a lot more SVXen around the area lately...is there an active group are here at all? This seems like the perfect environment for such a car.