View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 08:53 PM

throttle body upgrade?

Well, like the title suggests, I'm curious if there are any throttle body upgrades. I would assume that there is nothing "off the shelf" but I'm wondering if anyone has ever gone to the trouble to bore out the stock throttle bodies and put in larger butterflies. Plus, I haven't looked too closely yet, but do the butterflies sit striaght up and down, or are the plates an ellipsis? Also, what IS the diameter of the stock TB's?

Just curious, because I'm planning on doing some work on the intake side of things to help the motor breathe a little easier. I'm planning on sending a spare intake manifold to Extrude Hone to have them polish the inside, and I'd like to see if I can get ahold of a set of phenolic spacers.

Anyways, just curious if anyone has looked into this yet. I realize that they are already generously sized for how big the motor is, but maybe there is an improvement to be had.

If no one has looked into this yet, I would spearhead something myself to see if we could get something done.

Thanks for any help!

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!

Last edited by Nevin; 01-12-2008 at 08:56 PM.