View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 11:11 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: IF... just askin'

Well, I had written a long post (too long, obviously) on Monday, but, by the time I was finished, I had been logged out and lost it. So, I'll make it shorter and try to condense it.

First of all, words can't really express how great it was to see all of my old friends. It would've been complete if John could've made it, but, I cannot be bitter about his understandable absence.

The highlight, of course, was seeing Larry ay ay ay and the "Beautiful Naviguesser". To have been connected, solely because we own the same silly car... I just can't love this couple any more than I already do. They have blessed me and continue to be a blessing beyond measure.

There were only a few of us, but, I believe those who were actually SUPPOSED to be there, were there.

Great to see Benebob and Hocrest.

Brad, although it's been (many) years, I'm still sorry 'bout the tranny - I swear it was working when it was removed. Maybe I'll show you the video sometime of how surprised my son was to receive the PS2.

Sean, I don't really know you, but perhaps we'll get to know each other as years progress.

Meeting Harry's friend Bill, and his wife June, was a treasure.

Rufus, it was super to share a few shots of Blanton's with you -- hate that you had to sleep in your truck.

Meeting Chris (aka Jester01 - founder of the Yahoo SVX Club) was an unexpected treat. And there were those with whom I share a special bond -- Harry, Ron, Mike, Olu -- you guys mean the world to me.

So... before I get logged out again, I'll encourage those of you who can to attend next year -- it's the people and the memories that make it special. I just hope my car (and me) are in good enough shape to make it.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by svxcess; 05-17-2018 at 07:40 PM.