View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
this place used to be pretty much self-policing - a new member would post a street racing thread, they would get the big lecture from the other members, and everyone got the "vibe" that that stuff isn't really cool or appreciated on this site.

I think we have located the problem, but the trouble is that self policing communities only work in small groups, a small village can be self policing, but even a small town needs rules. It's simple, the larger the crowd the more rules you will need. If you have 10 people and 1 steps out of line then the other 9 can bring them back into line, but if there are 1000 people and 20 step out of order they can band together and create quite a problem. What I don't understand now is why the rules are a problem, acording to the prior statement the underlying understanding is the same as it was before, but now there is a rule to back it up. Nothing has really changed except for the fact that it is in writing and the author will be warned. It's not that difficult to avoid talking about street racing, so skip and there is no problem. When I first joined a few months ago and not long before the rules took affect this place was getting fairly hostile, now with the rules peace has been restored with the small exception of the few who insist their feet have been steped on...
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.