View Single Post
Old 10-19-2001, 08:55 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Re: i think mine sounds good, but i just want....

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
a little bit deeper tone. i will just have to put a glass pack in and see how it sounds. my pipes come off the motor stock into two stock cats. then instead of the V i had 2.5" pipes on each side run down into another cat, dual in and dual out, then 2.5" piping the length of the car and where eventually they run into two magnaflow mufflers and then finally out the back with thermal tips. it looks really smooth, very free flowing. i may eventually replace the two stock cats with higher flowing less restrictive cats. anyway my magnas have a lifetime warranty so replacing them would be silly. again i may just try the glasspack.
Leo

Is your car AWD or FWD? Also, where did you get the dual in/out cat? I've been thinking of something like that, but not sure if I can fit it in with the rear driveshaft. My idea has been to come off the Y with two 2 1/4" pipes into dual glasspacks, then to the dual in/out cat, finally to the flowmaster where the big muffler is. I've got a local shop that could do all that for not a whole lot of bucks, but wondering how it might sound and function. I put too many miles in the car to have it too loud on the road, but would like a little more musical sound when i have to get on it.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.