Thread: for how long...
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
The election of officers ended on Feb 15, 2002. The president is elected to a two year term and can succeed himself only once.

Although the version of the constitution I took the following from does not say it, (I edited the version below), my term would end at the Reading meet in 2004 (Reading 5) since it is "sort of" consdered our annual meeting.

Of course, only dues paying members (with access to a special forum) can vote for officers.

Basically, however, the "Official Network" has been inop lately, so, there may be no more elections.

And, in fact, there was an attempt on my life. Someone tryed to induce a heart attack by placing yellow lighted dice in my precious car.

The excerpt from the constitution is below:

1. Officers

The officers of the Club shall consist of a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer.

2. Term of Office

The term of office shall be two (2) years. Incumbents may stand for re-election for one (1) additional term. The maximum tenure of any officer shall be four (4) years.

a. Succession of Presidency

Upon completion of the tenure of the President, the Vice-President shall become the President, and another person elected to the post of Vice-President. On becoming the President, the limitations of the Term of Office, as defined in Article IV, Paragraph 2, shall apply.

b. Special Provision for the First Election

For the first election, and the first election only, a President shall be elected. In following elections, a Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer shall be elected.

3. Election of Officers

A. Elections

i. Frequency of Elections

Elections shall be held on a biennial basis, unless a special election is required to fill a post vacated by resignation, death or removal from office.

ii. Date of Elections

Elections shall be held during the month of April, on alternate years, beginning with the year 2002. Elections shall be held in conjunction with the Club's Annual Meeting.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI