View Single Post
Old 04-20-2003, 07:21 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
The way to avoid tickets is knowing the flow of traffic and how a cop thinks. I am not sure if there are any speed enforcement officers on the forums but I have talked to many and this is what I have learnt.

You can speed up to 20mph without sticking out like a sore thumb. The key is not to stick out and know when to slow down. Always slow down at the hills or huge corners where you know there might be traps. Never pull away from the pack. And do not shop for lanes too much. Keep to one lane.

Assuming that you are going 25moh over the limit, chances of you getting a ticket is higher if you are going back and forth between the left lane and the middle lane compare to just sticking to the left lane and driving past all the cars.

Try not to slam on the brakes if you see a cop on the side of the road. The nose of the car will dip and at night, your lights will light up the road behind you. Instead, let go of the gas and the car will slow down a little. If you slam on the brakes, it is telling the cop that you were speeding.

Hope these helps.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!