View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ok... here is the rundown...

The wrx4 pots here are red ones from the 06... They get pricey

The Brembo can usually be had for around $700-800 for the fronts

Fortunately I made good with the guy who sold me my 6mt in Canada and he owes me a favor. I will be getting a set of Front and Rear brembo calipers and rotors for $800 Now they are the 5x100 bolt pattern so I will drill out the ones he sends me for a test fitment... IF they fit well I will go and buy new rotors with the 5x114.3 bolt pattern along with new pads... The rears are not a huge concern as I can adapt the rears to work simply enough by using the dust sheilds from an STi redrilled to our hub pattern. Our parking brake assembly is similar to theirs from what I have come to understand. SO in short, I will be picking up a set of front and rears in the near future and I will be making them work. If the front rotors are not the correct dimension I will find ones from that chart that will work or I will have custom ones made... I am under the impression that they will and I am waiting to get SVX measurements back from Gest24 so I can compare specs from the SVX and from the Sti... So I think we may have a winner here.

I am also concerned about the mastercylinder's ability with the new calipers so I can always grab an Sti master and be able to use it like Bob's your uncle I also want to get my hands on an Sti Brake booster as While they have the same dimensions I have a feeling they work much better than the SVX one. I installed one into Shotgunslade's car and his brakes feel amazing. Thats all I know right now. I will be pulling hubs of a parts SVX tomorrow so I can mock the calipers and rotors right here in my apartment. Once I know what will/will not work. I can tell everyone more

Tom