View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Soo I have some good news.

I talked to Todd again today and things look promising at making the wilwood kit.

The one thing we really need to know is the radius of the mounting tab holes to the center of the hub. If this is different, a custom bracket would need to be made (either for the STi brembos, or the wilwood kit) If anyone has a drawing, or could take measurements of this value I would appreciate it.

For prices, IF the bolt holes are the same distance away from the hub, we would be looking at ~$1400 for a 6 pot setup with a 1.25 inch thick 13 inch rotor. (these would be the BSL-6N calipers) you could also "downgrade" to the FSL-4 (forged super light 4 pot calipers) This is a rough estimate, and this is assuming that clearances are how we expect. If there is anyone in pheonix who has some extra time, Todd would love to be able to take some measurements on the car just to ensure there are not clearance issues.

The rears also look promising as the E-brake setup is the same as the WRX. Again a rough estimate, however doing a rear 11 inch setup with 4 pot rear calipers could be done for about 800$

People. this is $2200 total for all 4!! this would include adapters, lines, rotors, pads, calipers etc. Not only that but it would open a BUNCH of other pad and rotor choices, as the SVX has a rather limited number of pad manufacturers. I can't believe how cheap this is turning out for the amount of stopping power. This is about the same cost as fitting STi brakes, and would offere significantly better performance, as well as being custom adapted to our M/C size.

Again if anyone could take those measurements on the SVX, or if anyone in the pheonix area would like to help out... we should be able to get this kit together pretty quickly.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker