View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 05:36 PM

Don wins !!!!!!!

Landfall was around midnite, but my power was itchin'' to cut off, so we lost it 4 hours before landfall (8PM on Saturday). BTW, my wife was closest in the family and she says she doesn't care if Don wants the money or not (I've already had to pay her)

Family is all fine, as well as all the vehicles. House didn't do so well. roof went down to bare wood, raining to beat heck, so we lost part of the interior ceiling - every room has water damage of some sort, fence in very bad shape (most of it is down on the ground). Florida Power & Light is projecting I get power back on 8 Oct this time.

Don, If you change your mind on the fiver please send me your snail-mail address & I'll put it in the post.

Pic of ceiling attached to give you an idea of what fun we had here. I still think my wife was looney tunes for staying, but we would have sustained more interior damage if I hadn't have been there to fill & dump pails, etc. I estimate about 35 gals of water came through in that section alone - long sleepless nite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 103-0332_img.jpg (475.6 KB, 112 views)