View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 10:46 AM

Registered SVX
Re: What are you doing to prepare for Reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
I have been working night and day on "Jade".
She is the biggest project that ANYONE has comissioned me to do.
As a result of this HUGE project/modificatuion I probibly will not be able to dragrace my Claret as I will probily will have to scavange parts from Her to make Jade run.
Jades parents, Tom and Melissa have spent/invested a huge/sizeable amount of monies to crerate a VERY special SVX that we hope to present to youse guys at Reading.
I hope that She will be ready, but if not ...It sure has been a valient effort!
Good morning Tom, do you have the torque amount for the bolts that hold the internal filter in the tranny? Is 10-12 fps correct for the pan bolts? First time opening this area for me. I am running syn Royal Purple atf, been in there for 56k miles, still as pink as the day installed in 2000. I change the spin on filter at 7k, works so far. Subaru USA tells me my tranny is the original, no record of rebuilds.

I'm going to drain all the atf I can, then drop the pan, use a little air to get the "what ever' is in the 2 30k gvw coolers (I bypassed the radiator cooler long ago), they allow me to run at 60 degrees over ambient in the 100+ desert temps. After I get as much old atf out I plan to dump in some new cheap atf & hope it forces more old atf out, when the stuff draining looks fairly clean then I'll fill up with the syn Royal Purple. Lots of time to do which I have plenty, way more than money. Should I use any liquid gasket on the pan gasket?(to hold it in place). I predict the answer is "NO".

Tom, be well, hope you are having a nice Spring....

David

I enjoy your "good humor man" persona on the site. keep going...