View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 10:20 AM

Need suggestions I am stuck in middle of Engine pull!

Ok I am pulling the engine by myself (lack of friends I guess) anyway I have gone more into the removal than normally required i.e. fenders bumper, side skirts, radiator, condensor etc. I also have already removed the intake manifold which gives me a clearer view. I have removed the four bolts from the flex plate. I have removed two top bolts where the engine connects to the transmission and the two nuts at the bottom. I have removed the passenger side engine mount nut but the drivers side is completely stripped. So I pulled the two bolts that I can see that bolt the mount to the engine but I can't get access to the 3rd bolt due to the steering rack. I am fairly sure that the engine mounting bushing is shot and am hoping it will seperate and allow me to lift the engine but I can't seem to get it seperated from the trans I get about 2 inches at the top (max) and 3/4" at the bottom but it won't shift or budge after that. Any suggestions on how to get the engine mount nut off with the lack of access in that area or what else I could be missing to seperate the engine?