View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 09:42 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by foresvx
I live in Roanoke, Va and have had Nextel for almost a year. I love it. I work 50 miles away in Martinsville and with the "walkie-talkie" feature I can talk to the wife back in Roanoke with no problem, no long distance charges. The Motorola phone we have also has the speakerphone option so I can use the speakerphone in the car and do not have to hold the phone or deal with an earpiece. The only drawback is that of coverage.
True, it is only in major cities and along major highways & interstates, but that is fine for us.
It is all a matter of what you need as to whether Nextel will work well for your needs.
I still have an old analog phone in the car for emergencies incase I an not in a Nextel cell and have an accident or need to contact the police.

I hope everyone knows that you do not need a cell phone contract to dial 911 or 611 on your cell phone, only thing you need is signal.
It's good to find someone who likes them... Would ya agree that they are probably gonna get bigger over the next year or so since they are now in bed with NASCAR??? They have to be making some money in that....

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...