View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:38 AM

Re: Camshafts for the EG33.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
You probably have worked all this out by now. Watching that vid tell me a lot about how this car handles the torque that it has now, and I wonder how you will get the torque to the ground when it extends right through the rev range. I think you will have gear it up to make use of the torque or it will just spin. Anyway that will be your problem.
Hahaha yeah it's got a lot of torque. Although it was my mistake that the car got crossed up where it did. For the other 60 odd laps I never put a foot wrong. As I've been discussing with Tony, controlling power is rather easy with the array of electronics in the car - traction control, boost control, ignition maps, DCCD etc etc. Then add the rest of the aero, the 275 semi slicks and it's a fair effort for the car to break traction when driven properly.

Quote:
As you are doing this and I am not, the choice is yours, but I would set it up to run the torque from low down, where it is manageable, and let to run up through the revs. This may not suit the ratios that are in the box, as it is set up for a narrow torque spread, so they are close ratios, to keep it on the boil. The advantage that you should have is the torque to jump out of the corners and run hard down the straights using the strong torque spread to do the job. The same as you would do if you had a larger capacity V8.

Harvey.
Thanks for the information on the cams - it will come in most handy. I'll keep you updated as to how it goes.

Last edited by bazza; 07-12-2012 at 06:04 AM.