Thread: Ls7 Svx?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:36 PM

Re: Ls7 Svx?

Thank you SilverSpear for your advice! I do have a set of generation 3 dodge viper headlights that I might toy with. I will be designing the body kit in house. So as it progresses, I will be posting up pictures. Im mostly interested in keeping the drag coefficient as low as possible. The under tray and rear diffuser will be unique to our cars. I like the diffuser of the evo, however that appears to be just for looks. It doesn't extend far enough under the rear to properly aid in air flow. Its neither here nor there in mmy case. Ill need to properly balance out the aero package on this car. A wing will add -lift in the rear, and to an extent -lift in the front. The rear diffuser will have to be designed to aid in this, as will the fenders and front valance and gurney flaps.

The front suspension of the car is going to be located about 3" forward of its stock location, so custom fenders are a must. Not to mention the ride heights will be a bit lower than it sits now

The rear will simply have fender flares secured with dzus fasteners. Fabricated larger wheel wells. Any sheet metal in the way will be trimmed out for wheel and tire clearance. All of this kit will be fiberglass. As, in all honesty, I cant warrant spending the extra cash for carbon fiber to shave 20 lbs over glass.

After all, this car will be campaigned on the race circuit. Replacement front bumpers and fenders will get bloody expensive if they are all carbon

This will be one mean car once done. I hope nobody spins me into a wall for some time. Joys of racing.

Last edited by smc; 12-20-2012 at 07:34 PM.