Thread: Ls7 Svx?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:49 PM

Re: Ls7 Svx?

Little update. Well, Ive already picked up a couple sponsors for this project. Kaminari Aerodynamics has agreed to produce my widebody kit at cost. So, once I get the chassis set and the foam all carved up, I just need to swing in all the bits and they will make the molds and parts for me at cost. yay for that! Metal Masters is selling me tube and other materials for basically scrap prices.

Budget wise, $40,000 should cover all aspects of this build. This should also leave an approx. $8,000 cushion for the little odds and ends that come up. Im currently assembling proposals for various companies that I have worked with in the past for my rock crawling, and rally efforts. With any luck, I can start building up this budget with in a few months.

It seems that there are No rolling chassis for sale on the west coast. And believe me, ive been looking. I can find at least 10 on the east coast. Including a couple ls3 powered chassis. So, ill have to factor in shipping, and the joy of buying with out actually seeing the chassis in person.

Well. This project is well under way. WoooOOoo!