View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 03:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: O/T Isuzu Impulse AWD Turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
The other day I was walking to a friends house and noticed a Impulse at a dealer thats the AWD Turbo Version. My Justy appears to be headed to someone who is desperately in need of a cheap reliable car (my good deed for the year) and I've been toying around the idea of this. Anybody have any knowledge of their reliablity, parts interchangability and such since it appears that Isuzu is on its 9th life and using a walker. The average sales per month by their dealerships is 9!!! Also, the thing has a decent body, ripped up interior and about 100k on it. Any thoughts on pricing? Its a fairly shady dealer so I would think it'd be fairly reasonable so I'm just trying to get ballpark. Wow, this would be my first roadworthy non-subaru auto product!
A friend (and coworker) has an Impulse RS (the AWD turbo version you speak of), so I just stepped over to his office and asked him your questions.

His has 140,000 miles on it and was well-maintained by the one previous owner. So far, after more than a year, he's really only had to do very typical stuff to the car. Water pump, timing belt, rotors, pads, etc. They seem very reliable.

Parts (the less common stuff, anyway) may get a little hard to find. Consumables are easy to get at Pep Boys or Autozone, but other stuff may have to be pulled from yards.

My friend paid $2,600 for his RS when he bought it last summer. But then, his is in really nice shape inside and out.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE