View Single Post
Old 03-21-2002, 08:09 AM
alacrity024

y'know.. my thoughts exactly

I went to work at 10 o'clock yesterday morning and everything was sunny and dry. By the time I got out of work at 10pm, some 12 hours later, everything had been magically blanketed with some six inches of snow. Spectacular. So I fired up the car and went to visit a nearby friend.

He and I went parking lot-hopping for an hour or two until they started to plow the lots, then I headed home. The drive home was absolutely fine. There was more slush on the road than snow, but in some brief 2-lane sections, I pulled the car into the less-travelled lane to get a taste of how my new tires handle the snow.

Well I remember some time ago there was a relatively heated discussion reguarding some people's car's tendancy to drift back and forth on a snow-covered road. Mine had done the same all winter and it was very frustrating and also very dangerous. Well I think I figured out what the problem was: none of these people had brand-new Yokohama AVS dB's mounted on their wheels.

The car handled absolutely flawlessly on the snow and when I finally got close to home, I got a real chance to see how well they gripped. Like Jeff, I live on top of a large, steep, unplowed hill. I'm about 3/4 of a mile up. I came onto the hill in second gear and really had no problem. When I stomped the gas, she started wavering back and forth a bit as the tires started spinning but so long as I didn't put too much pressure on the loud pedal, she gripped fine and I as home in no time.

These are some f***ing unbelieveable cars we've got...

-Adam

Last edited by alacrity024; 03-21-2002 at 08:11 AM.