View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: OEM Radio Illumination?

Quote:
Originally posted by RojoRocket
Can anyone help me out here? Just noticed tonight that the illumination on the Radio/Cassette player in the SVX are out. The station number is still lit but all others are out including presets/band/etc. I see it's no fun to pull the unit out per other archived instructions (thanks very much!), but has anyone had the opportunity to replace this/these lamps in the OEM player? I'm no stranger to Subies lil lamps in the HVAC controls and buttons in my Legacy and figure it's probably simpler than it looks. HELP!?
Glenn
Unfortunately, unlike the CD player with the removable card, that contains the lights, the Radio lights are on a card that would have to be unsoldered. Then, each individual light would have to be unsoldered and replaced. The "intermittent" lights are typical of the SVX. I have two, they're both wiggy. One of these days, I'm gonna pull 'em out and fix 'em. One of these days.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI