View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 10:22 PM
SVX Addict

Send a message via MSN to BRADY Send a message via Skype™ to BRADY
Registered SVX
Re: Holy **** these cars were expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy View Post
How was that possible? Less then half the price of a house? Seriously what type house, a shack? I love them don't get me wrong, but for half a house we can buy a Lambo or Ferrari (I would still have SVX). How much does the average one run now, knowing how rare they are?
In Australia in the late 80's, a 'luxury' car tax was introduced which pushed the price of most imported cars with leather seats into orbit.

As for the type of house, no, not a shack, but your typical 3 bedroom suburban house with all the modern amenities. Incidentally, the average house in Australia these days is now costing upward of $600,000.

Today, in Australia a GOOD SVX should fetch around $10,000 or more. The ones that have had transmission and radiator work done fetch much more.

I don't believe the price reflects their rarity. This is one of the reasons I bought an SVX. $10,000 to $13,000 for a supercar is GOOD value!!

$10,000 would buy an older Toyota, Ford or something else as equally bland otherwise!!!
1992 SVX Mica Red/Black (Ruby Pearl) (ADM)- 290,000 kms. With Koni adjustable front shocks, THRICE o/hauled 4EAT with transmission cooler and now the 'QUICK CHANGE' unit, custom PWR aluminium radiator, replacement water pump, fuel pump, crank pulley, Pioneer 6 x 9 rear and 6 inch front speakers, Sony Head unit, rattles from the front end and steering, front DBA slotted rotors. Blown heater core, ruined CV joints, new car park damage. FOR SALE... www.thebeatleboys.com