View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: This could explain a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarwhiz View Post
Absolutely right, Ray. It's not paying taxes that I got a problem with, it's what those taxes are being used for. When they're paying the welfare checks of people who are too lazy to get off their asses and get jobs, when they're paying for housing, grocieries, and healthcare of people who couldn't keep it in their pants and got ten bastard kids running around, then I got a problem. Meanwhile I'm replacing balljoints and shocks twice a year because they can't fix the pot holes littering the roads.
Difficult not to agree with your point, many of us have issues with how our taxes are spent but it really does come back to whom we put in office and how they decide to spend our money. Regarding welfare...I agree we should not be promoting people not to work or have children they don't want or are not able to care for but once again those people are just using the system set up by our politicians. I do believe that we need to care for the less fortunate but not promote freeloading of any kind. I will bet that corporate welfare - can you say bail out - far exceed all welfare payments annually; and at least the welfare people spend there money in the US unlike so many of the rich who own homes, yachts and cars made overseas.

Ray

Ray