View Single Post
Old 02-22-2002, 08:52 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: factory service manual for 92?

Quote:
Originally posted by nate
Hi. I'm looking for either a factory service manual or a haynes/chilton for a 92 svx for my dad. I haven't found a haynes/chilton myself, although I might not be looking in the right places. And the only FSM I have found is GROSSLY overpriced at subaruparts.com. Wondering if any of you might be able to help me find something more reasonable. Thanks.
If your dad is anything near a "wrench head" he won't be satisfied with anything but the factory service manuals. It was one of the first things I bought. They're actually not "overpriced" if you consider the cost savings on repair by having accurate information.

Those who've used the Chiltons (I don't think there's a Haynes) have been disappointed, at best. The reason you haven't found one is because you're looking for one specific to the SVX. You have to buy the 19XX-19XX Subaru Chiltons that covers everything from the Justy to the Legacy.

For my money, though -- I'd stick with the FSMs.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI