View Single Post
Old 10-10-2003, 09:41 AM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ok, so I decided the 2nd opinion route was a very good idea. Took her to the Subaru dealer today. The service manager, Ed, himself told me that he didn't think I had anything to worry about and that AAMCO was giving me a line.
I'm wary about anyone's opinion at this point, but I guess I'll trust him. He told me he was very familiar with SVXes because he used to own one. I'm leery of trusting dealership guys (sorry Mike!) because I think they're always out for money, but Ed came across as fairly honest and knowledgeable.
So, we're not planning any long trips for awhile, I guess I'll just let it ride and call Ed the minute it happens again. Since it's such an intermittent and random thing, it's hard to diagnose anyway.

For any of you reading this in this general vicinity, Ed is promoting Subaru racing, he races a $75K WRX and there's an event here in Grand Junction November 1st & 2nd. He said he'd like to see all sorts of Subaru owner support and/or participation. PM me if you want more info.

Again, thanks guys for all your input and support.
~~Michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*