Thread: TURBOs!?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Re: TURBOs!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
I don't really care how much hp/ torque I really get. I just want to make an insanely fast SVX. Money is an issue but the way I see it is I can span it out over time. I believe in the SVX to make some big numbers, so in the end if it turns out to be over 400 I will be very happy. I was considering not using forced induction and just seeing what that motor could do but I decided that leaves a lot of room for improvement. Is it practical to push the motor then add a turbo(s) later? That could cut the cost and time down until I want to toss on some boost.

Is cost the worst part of tuning these or is it a side effect of obstacles?

Where can I find info on the EMS' available right now?
To do things right you need to plan your hp/tq numbers first.

YT has his EM solution thread, thats going to be a big opener for performance builds around here!

You can use pretty much any EM you want, but theres different costs and work associated with them.

If you build a motor to run lots of boost, but then run it N/A you're going to be way down on power.

And again, you will want to break in your motor already under boost for longevity. It will also be a better running motor.

Suspension>MT swap>EM>Turbo (low boost)>built motor>Turbo (high boost)

That should be your steps to a proper high-hp SVX.

Get all your ducks lined up and start making serious plans and you'll start to realize just how much is involved.

And going through a build with that process will probably get you to a performance level you are happy with, well before a built motor and lots of boost!

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company