View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 09:05 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
"Got my first mac in november, a 1ghz ti-book. I was always into computers, but I never had a passion for it like I do with my mac. It's the best computer I've ever used, period. It's just so frustrating that more people don't use them because it truly is the best computing experience possible.

What kills me is that misconceptions are everywhere. People always assume it's good for graphics, if they even think it's good for anything. I try to tell people that it's the best computer for consumers AND professionals. Ease of use doesn't mean that only stupid people who can't figure out pc's use macs, it means that anyone who wants to do something faster and better will use a mac.

I think most peoples' problems with the mac stem from the same place mine did not long ago.... The only macs they've used are in school and/or work, and they use older systems. Not only do they feel slower, but OS 9 doesn't really cut it. I would not have 'switched' if it wasn't for 10.2. There are so many 'cool' and useful things you can do. Apple seems to think of almost everything (expose anyone?).

Lastly, the software is so good that it actually makes me want to go out and buy accessories. I have a digital camera, but no ipod or dv camera. But because the software is so easy to use and does such a good job, I want to be able to use it. As an avid iphoto user I would say that using os x without a digital camera is a shame.

The reason I love macs is because is more than just a computer. It's so elegant and so simple and is an absolute joy to use. It's turned 'just a computer' into a hobby and an avid interest. It's just so frustrating that so many people are out there that don't know what they're missing.

sorry for the rant... I just feel that if more people used macs the computing world would be a better place."

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=167789

uhmmm ok. Listen rob I wasn't trying to attack MAC (HA! I'm a poet) I just stumbled across the video and found it to be funny. thats all! Replace mac with windows and it would have been just as funny as far as I'm concerned.