View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Re: Front Stabilizer Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgs240 View Post
You might be right. I took it to the mechanic. He said I need to have the whole axle replaced. He quoted me at $450. Does that sound like a legitemate price?

Thanks

No. This connector runs from your stabilizer bar, under the car, to the other side. On both struts, they connect to those little "ear" on the strut body.

Your CV axles are completely different. And if they DO need to be relaced, you can get remanned ones for under $80 per axle and probably put em in yourself, or have a friend put em in for much cheaper.

I don't see anything on that stabilizer linkage broken in that picture... is this an old picture prior to breaking?

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap