View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Re: Suggestions for Xmas present-tools for son

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
I'm no mechanic, but I really like the new ratcheting box-end wrench set I got recently.

dcb
I personally like giving/receiving presents that are a bit overpriced/superfluous, but extremely nice/useful. I think the Ratcheting box wrenchs fit that category perfectly.

Most mechanical types would see it as a bit to luxurious b/c they can perform the same act w/ a simple set of nice box wrenches. There for, they never buy them. Actually give him a set, and he'll use them all the time, and love them.

Its not cheap for a set though, and its one of those go all out deals. Get the larger sets, and get both SAE and Metric.

Nothings worse for a mech head, then a small/half set of things, then you just never bother with them. you go for the old trusted set you know has the size you need.

Elsewise, If thats a bit to steep a pricetag...
Car related things: Jack Stands.......real car jack (not the wussy little ones)...creeper....
Just my 2 cents.
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!