Thread: Intake....
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 06:21 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Re: Intake....

Quote:
Originally Posted by downforlow View Post
i don't know enough about the electronics, but what would happen if you ran the dual intake with two MAF's spliced together? I've been thinking about doing that to mine to see.
I am not great in electronics as well. I thought about this and here's my conclusion.

1) The second most important thing to do is make sure that both intakes have exactly the same diameter,

2) The length of both intakes may not be as critical as the diameter. Try to make the lengths of both of them somewhat the same though.

3) If you want the airflows from both intakes to be similar, put a 'dead' or non-functioning maf sensor (The same type as the working one) in the second intake. This is to create a similar 'restriction' as the functioning one.

4) The most important thing to do is to be able to install a voltage multiplier (Is there such a thing?) in between the maf flow sensor voltage and the ECU. If there is such a device, you want this device to read the voltage and double the reading before it sends it to the ECU.

Those are my weird thoughts on this.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)