View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 05:42 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
new street/track suspension opportunity!

Hey Folks,

I have been talking with a company that makes coilovers for many of the popular import sports cars. In the past, they have looked at making a coilover for the SVX, but decided it wasn't worth it because of the perceived lack of market potential.

I've been able to negotiate with these guys that if I can line up 50 buyers, they will design and build a set of complete coilovers for the SVX. The specs would be as follows:

* spring rate: 330f/280r with option for 450f/335r
* damping: fixed compression, 32 clicks rebound (aka single adjustable)
* adjustable spring preload and shock body length(!)
* pillowball top mounts with adjustable camber and caster(!)
* rebuild schedule: every 2-4 yrs depending on usage
* rebuildable via strut-body exchange program
* 1 year manufacture-defect warranty
* price: $900-$950 for a set

The intent of these coilovers would be as a high performance street suspension with the option for track or auto-x duty. They would of course be much firmer than stock, but the damper curve and spring rate would be tuned for streetability (good bump absorption) and could serve as daily driver replacements for the factory struts and springs.

The development cycle would take about 4 months to complete, but before I would commit, I would need to get at least 30 people to buy into this before I would make a deal with these guys. Considering that the cost would be only a few hundred dollars more than a full set of factory struts, the price is absolutely amazing, especially for what's included. And Koni inserts and GC springs are over $1000 now.

Can I get a show of hands for people who would want to buy coilovers? Please only sign if you are really prepared to buy these, because I really want to see this happen and don't want to have it go south by having half the people back down after reaching 30 signups.

etc.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.

Last edited by mbtoloczko; 06-26-2007 at 08:25 AM.