View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMSVX
Thanks Harvy & Darrell. I didn't mean to hyjack this thread but is sounded like Steve is having the same issue I have. But before I tear into it and reroute my oil lines I would like to be sure this is my problem.

When I read about this 150 deg. warm-up issue I wondered if my 4EAT temperature sensor could be my problem. I have Legacys and Imprezas that have the lower 50 degree warm-up temperature and I assumed the SVX was the same. Now I find out that the SVX switching point is 150 deg. I want to tap into the sensor lines to the TCU and monitor it with a digital voltmeter. I should be able to determine if it is changing as the transmission warms up.

Now, does anyone know the calibration on that sensor? If I had that I could monitor the temperature while driving to determine if the tansmission oil is warming up to a high enough temperature to let the TC engage.

Thanks guys - Jim
OK Jim, the trans temp sensors readings, by the book are as follows;

20*C/68*F = 2.3k to 2.7k ohms. In circuit voltage = 3v to 3.5v.
80*C/176*F = 280 to 360 ohms. In circuit voltage = 1v to 1.3v.

The wire that runs between the gearbox and the TCU is a yellow/green wire, that is at the No. 5 pin on the square gearbox plug, to pin 10 on the 12 pin black plug at the TCU.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.