View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 12:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Breck SVX
Nice bike, Wish schwinn was still makin' those. Really nice attention to detail on their frames.
As far as I'm concerned, Schwinn is dead. But my Homegrown is the last model year they built. I always wanted one in Bass Boat Blue, but they actually made several improvements since that color was available. The paint is really the only let down on the frame - not the color, but the quality. My old frame, an s[9five].2, was far heavier and not as good, but the paint was striking. 'Kiss The Sky Blue.' Pretty...I'm probably going to hang it on the wall in my office when we move to the new building.

Quote:
Originally posted by Breck SVX
Yeah, its really not cost effective to switch to disc, getting new hubs, relacing the spokes and a disc brake set can get pretty pricey. If you're payin retail it can be more then a whole bike!

-Alex
I can get stuff for close to cost, but I'm just not impressed with the quality or durability of Deore-level components these days. So I'll only put new stuff on when I can afford to get top-quality parts. Mavic wheels, the best Rock Shox fork I can buy and XTR everything...yeah...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 05-05-2004 at 12:28 PM.