View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Trany repaired/Now Power light - code 24

Quote:
Originally posted by StooKer
Hi!

Three month ago, I was having a binding problem at low speed and the rear was not spinning. I put the SVX in FWD with the help of the fuse for 1-2 weeks(It was working, binding gone), time to have an appointment.

On the repair day, when the repair have been completed, they take me to do a road test. The same binding was there. So, they jack the front of the car on the lift and they do some procedure (I dont know what). I think that they put the hand brake and put the car on D, 3, 2 ,1 . After that, another road test and the binding was gone!

I paid and left. Since this time, I have an error code 24 (Duty selenoid C) when starting the car. Also, when I put the car in FWD mode, it's not working.

Now after some reading on this board, I think that the car may be stuck 50/50 or someting like that. (The car grip hard on slow turn with a short distance (parking lot)).

By the invoice, they have replaced a hub, a clutch kit and a gasket set.

I want to know, if it's them that caused this problem or the problem was there?

What is the cost of a Duty Solenoid C?

Thanks!

Francis

Francis,
If you're putting your FWD fuse in, and it's NOT working, you may be in for more than a Solenoid C. When this happened in my car, it needed a new TCU. Perhaps you can find someone who has done a 5-Speed who will sell you one at a great discount.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI