View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:55 PM
SVXless

Re: AUTO versus Stick....help me decide..whats your take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat'Qul View Post
Ok i was looking into the forums and i have felt i can definatly decide yet what i want.

I think my transmission is going...it slips it shifts hard and a few other things..i am in the process of saving for a new trans...but i want to upgrade in the process...

I do alot of city driving but i will also doing some interstate driving. I love to drive i love speed and performance. I think a stick would be fun to drive.. but the ease and cruise potential of the auto is a major plus(specially on the beaches of miami with a lady in the car! I truly want to build the car up and I WILL do a E85 conversion in sometime in november. I plan on having my engine built next year once i am in the states...Currently shipping for an engine will be too much. However I am still trying to get permission of getting stuff shipped on a crate via a c-130 but thats running into walls....but I must have a transmission. I WILL get a trans THIS year... probally in the next 2 or 3 months at the most and trying to decide between the 6 speed or ECUTUNE 4eat. I will pay the shipping because i MUST have one!

So I am open into input.

PS going to Japan for free! In August! Sorry just had to through that in.
From what I've gauged the ECUTune 4EAT isn't worth the money. YT (TomsSVX) sells a kit to do the 5/6 speed conversion yourself and that would be the route I would go if I were you.